Connect with us

NEWS

I’ll make you disappear, Apostle Suleman allegedly threatens pastor in leaked audio

Published

on

Spread the love

I’ll make you disappear, Apostle Suleman allegedly threatens pastor in leaked audio

former Pastor with Omega Fire Ministries, Mike Davids, has released an audio clip in which the General Overseer of the church, Apostle Johnson Suleman, is allegedly heard threatening to “make him disappear”.

Although the authenticity of the clip, the voice sounds like that of Apostle Suleiman 

The audio clip was said to have been recorded during a phone conversation between Apostle Suleman and Davids shortly after Davids made a viral video accusing Suleman of sleeping with his wife, Pastor Faith Edeko, in the presence of their young daughter.

Both Suleman and Edeko have since denied the allegation.

In the recorded call which is about 42 seconds long, a voice that sounds like that of Apostle Suleman is heard threatening to make Davids disappear.

Apostle Suleman also allegedly curses Davids, telling him he will never amount to anything in life.

Suleman allegedly says, I’ll make you disappear“I avoided you because of the way you talk but it is clear to me that you are possessed by a demon. The same thing that made me avoid you, you keep repeating them. You will die prematurely. God will punish you. Whatever you are looking for in this life, you will not get it.

“I stepped aside to make this call. You will die an untimely death. From the day I noticed you don’t know how to talk, I stopped talking to you. It is like you didn’t notice. I was free, I was chatting from the day I noticed your mind; you don’t know how to talk (sic).

When I noticed it because I am very temperamental; my temper is not good. That is why I am telling you tonight. I will make you disappear.”

When Davids asked him to explain what he meant by making him ‘disappear’, Suleman allegedly responds, “You are a bastard. Get off my phone” before the conversation ends.

It was learned that the audio clip had been sent to the Nigeria Police Force as part of a petition against Apostle Suleman.

Davids has also sued Apostle Suleman for N2bn, accusing the cleric of interfering in his marriage.

In his response, however, Apostle Suleman’s legal team stated on Friday that the cleric had filed an N5bn libel suit against Davids.

The legal team described Davids as one who was angry for being expelled from the church for his bad behavior and was on a revenge mission.

Apostle Suleman’s legal team further stated that a complaint had been filed against Davids and that the police would arrest him soon.

 

[The Punch]


Spread the love
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

NEWS

A Lady Sexually Harassed A 13 Year Old Boy

Published

on

Spread the love

The Unidentified Greenlade lady says that the boy asked for it.

The suspect who was immediately handed over to the police sexually abused the young boy in his parents home on Tuesday, February 23rd.

The boys mother got the shock of her life when she returned home and caught her son being sexually abused by the woman. ­She immediately called the police, leading to the arrest of the accused.

Police spokesperson, Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi confirmed the arrest and also disclosed that investigations into the case were already underway and details will be released in due course.

In his words,

“­The Zimbabwe Republic Police would like to confirm the arrest of a woman alleged to have been caught having sex with a minor in Houghton Park.”

Meanwhile, the accused in an interview with H-Metro, the lady said she didn’t commit any crime as the minor was the one who invited her to have sex with him in his parent’s house.

“What did I do wrong and how did I know his house if he hadn’t called me? We had protected sex and I do not see any reason why I can be treated like a thief or robber”. She said.


Spread the love
Continue Reading

NEWS

France recommends single vaccine shot for people who have had Covid-19

Published

on

Spread the love

France on Friday recommended that people who have already recovered from Covid-19 receive a single vaccine dose, becoming the first country to issue such advice.

All three Covid-19 vaccines approved for use in the European Union are administered in the form of two doses, delivered several weeks apart.

This is because clinical trials showed that immunity against the disease was significantly higher after individuals received two shots.

France’s public health authority said Friday, however, that people who had already been infected with Covid-19 develop an immune response similar to that bestowed by a vaccine dose, and that a single dose after infection would likely suffice.

“A single vaccine dose will also play the role of reminding” their immune system how to fight Covid-19, it said.

The authority recommended a gap of between three and six months after infection before individuals who had recovered from Covid-19 receive a jab.

“At the moment no country has clearly positioned itself in terms of a sole vaccination dose for people who have already contracted Covid-19,” it said.

Vaccination programme still just starting

France has accelerated its vaccination programme in recent weeks but it is still in its infancy.

As of Thursday, over 2.1 million people had received at least one vaccine dose, with almost 535,800 having already received two.

At least 3.4 million people have had confirmed Covid-19 infections in France, although there are likely to have been far more given the relative lack of accessible testing during the pandemic’s first wave.

Two recent US studies suggest that a single vaccine dose may work in individuals who have already recovered from Covid-19.

One paper said that immunity in individuals who had had Covid-19 and then received a single vaccine dose “is equal to or even exceeds” that of people who have not had Covid-19 but received two vaccine doses.

A vaccine still in development by Johnson & Johnson works with a single dose, but it is yet to receive emergency use authorisation from EU and US regulators.

SOURCE


Spread the love
Continue Reading

NEWS

First woman, first African: Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala set to be named WTO boss

Published

on

Spread the love

Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala looks set to be confirmed Monday as the first woman and first African leader of the beleaguered World Trade Organization, a near-paralysed institution desperately needing a kick-start.

 

The WTO has called a special general council meeting at which the former Nigerian finance minister and World Bank veteran is expected to be formally selected as the global trade body’s new director-general.

US President Joe Biden strongly swung behind her candidacy shortly after the only other remaining contender, South Korean Trade Minister Yoo Myung-hee, pulled out.

“I look forward to finalising the process,” Okonjo-Iweala said on February 6 after securing the Biden administration’s support.

 

The organisation is also eager to conclude the drawn-out process, having been leaderless since Brazilian career diplomat Roberto Azevedo stepped down last August, a year ahead of schedule.

The process of picking one of eight candidates to succeed him had been expected to wrap up by November, but the administration of former US president Donald Trump blocked the consensus to appoint Okonjo-Iweala.

‘Reform candidate’ 

The 66-year-old will not be at the WTO’s Geneva headquarters for Monday’s virtual session and it is not known when she would take up her duties.

The 164-member organisation’s special session gets under way at 1400 GMT and Okonjo-Iweala is scheduled to hold an online press conference two hours later.

The WTO picks its leaders through consensus-finding, so even though she is the only candidate still in the race — boasting US, EU and African backing — there is always the chance of a spanner being thrown in the works.

She will take over an organisation mired in multiple crises and struggling to help member states navigate the severe global economic slump triggered by the coronavirus pandemic.

Okonjo-Iweala argued during the race that she was best placed out of the eight candidates for the post to steer the WTO through the crises.

“I am a reform candidate,” she insisted.

She has among other things warned that growing protectionism and nationalism have been spurred on by the pandemic and insists barriers need to be lowered to help the world recover.

Even before Covid-19 battered the global economy, the WTO was weighed down by stalled trade talks and struggled to curb trade tensions between the United States and China.

The WTO also faced relentless attacks from Washington under Biden’s predecessor Donald Trump. Among other things, Trump brought the WTO’s dispute settlement appeal system to a grinding halt in late 2019.

‘Boldness, courage’ 

Okonjo-Iweala has said her priorities include getting long-blocked trade talks on fishery subsidies across the finish line and breathing life back into WTO’s Appellate Body.

Twice Nigeria’s finance minister (2003-2006 and 2011-2015) and its first female foreign minister in a two-month stint in 2006, Okonjo-Iweala is seen as a trailblazer in her west African homeland.

She has brushed off claims she lacks experience as a trade minister or negotiator, insisting that what is needed to lead the WTO is not technical skills but “boldness, courage”.

She has portrayed herself as a champion against Nigeria’s rampant corruption — saying her own mother was even kidnapped over her attempts to tackle the scourge.

But her critics argue she should have done more to tackle it while in power.

A development economist by training with degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard, Okonjo-Iweala has also had a 25-year career as a development economist at the World Bank, eventually becoming its number two.

She is on the Twitter board of directors and chaired Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.

SOURCE


Spread the love
Continue Reading

Trending Heading